Thursday, December 10, 2020

My First Bible

 

This is pocket New Testament (RSV) given to me on April 10th 1966 by my Sunday School Teacher Joyce Newton for Bible verses I memorized.
You see I highlighted Romans 5:8. This was a memory verse I learned during VBS in 1969. This verse illuminated to me that I was a sinner for whom Christ died for. Then in March 22nd 1970 I would accept Jesus as my Savior. When Pastor Lambert asked after the invitation if I knew what it meant to be saved it was this verse I quoted and explained to him. 2 Timothy 3:14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment